6.20.2008

So I Was Way Off


Ok, I'll admit it. My prediction that Yahoo would eventually succumb to MSN's bid would have been a lousy bet to lose. I don't know if the news of the Google and Yahoo agreement (I like to call it Goohoo) is a good thing or bad thing. I just know Google always gets the best of both worlds. Today, Reuters posted an article saying that Microsoft won't be making other troublesome internet acquisitions anytime soon. This has to be the quote of the week from Chief Executive Steve Balmer: "People don't under understand what they're talking about. At the end of the day, this is about the ad platform. This is not about just any one of the applications". Right on, Steve. But it still looks like Microsoft is hanging on to position #3 behind Google and Yahoo. Better shape up or ship out!

No comments: